- Circuit Breakers will not help.
- The SEC things there is too much noise when analyzing pricing inequalities inside of 1 minute.
- HFT claims to provide liquidity and tighten spreads, the evidence shows they do not.
- The flash crash was a Normalcy of Deviation because of papers like the one below that provide false information and false senses of protection from government oversight bodies.
- HFT operators have paid-access to supreme data feeds from the exchanges they are Co-Located with. This means the HFT see your order before anyone else and can front run if its large enough. They are able to execute at a price not advantageous for you or the market as a whole.
"We risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance"
- Rubén Blades
"You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it"
- Art Buchwald
"It's getting exciting now, two and one-half. Think of everything we've accomplished, man. Out these windows, we will view the collapse of financial history. One step closer to economic equilibrium"
- Tyler Durden
"It is your corrupt we claim. It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath, we shall hunt them down."
- Boondock Saints